RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND CONSENT TO MEDICAL TREATMENT FORM
READ CAREFULLY – THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
In exchange for my Child to participate in the DeShawn Shead Foundation Football Skills Camp (hereinafter “Camp”), organized by The DeShawn Shead Foundation, 13701 42nd Ave NE, Seattle, WA, 98125 (hereinafter “Foundation”) and located at the Highland High School athletic fields located in Palmdale, CA, I agree to the following as the Parent or Legal Guardian for my minor child:
- ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS AND RELEASE. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with a football Camp and I assume full responsibility for any personal injury loss or damage that may happen to my Child and further release and discharge DeShawn Shead personally, his Foundation, its agents, employees, Camp coaches and volunteers (collectively “ Camp Staff’) from any injury, loss or damage arising out of my Child’s participation in the Camp whether caused by the fault of my Child or other Campers or Staff.
- INDEMNIFICATION. I agree to indemnify and defend DeShawn Shead, his Foundation, its agents, employees, Camp coaches and volunteers against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my Child’s participation in the Camp.
- CONSENT. I, PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN of Child, (in which Child’s name is set forth on the same online Registration Form attached hereto) consent to the participation of my Child in the Camp, and agree on behalf of the minor Child to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. By clicking on the Agree box associated with this registration form, I represent that I have legal authority over the Child to sign this Release of Liability and Consent to Medical Treatment Form.
- MEDICAL AUTHORIZATION. In the event of an injury to my Child at the Camp, I give my permission to the Camp Staff to arrange for all necessary medical treatment for which I shall be financially responsible. This temporary authority will be for the day of the Camp, June 25, 2016. Camp Staff shall have the following powers: The power to seek appropriate medical treatment or attention on behalf of my Child as may be required by the circumstances, including without limitation, that of a licensed medical physician and/or a hospital.
- APPLICABLE LAW. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under California law.
- NO DURESS. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign this Agreement and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if I so desire.
- ENFORCEABILITY. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement or of any other applications of such provision, as the case may be, and such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed not to be a part of this Agreement.